I’ve seen many times where businesses don’t want to purchase domain names that are similar to their main domain name or business name due to budget reasons. Which has ultimately resulted in fraud attempts against their customers and internal staff.
A domain name will only set you back the equivalent of two coffees from Starbucks or Costa per year… So why not just protect your brand?
- Brand Consistency: Having domain names that closely resemble your main domain name and business name helps to maintain brand consistency. It ensures that your customers will be directed to your website even if they make a slight mistake in typing the domain name.
- Enhanced Credibility: Similar domain names enhance the credibility of your business. Customers will feel more confident in interacting with your business when they see a consistent representation across different platforms.
- Improved SEO: Similar domain names can improve your search engine optimization (SEO) efforts. Search engines tend to rank websites higher when their domain name matches the search terms. Therefore, having similar domain names can increase your visibility online.
- Domain Protection: Purchasing domain names that resemble your main domain name can prevent competitors or cyber squatters from buying them and causing confusion among your customers.
- Increased Traffic: Similar domain names can lead to increased website traffic. If someone types in a slightly different domain name, they can still be directed to your website, thus increasing your overall web traffic.
- Brand Identity: Similar domain names reinforce your brand identity. The repetition of similar names across your domain names helps to solidify your brand in the minds of your customers.
In conclusion, investing in domain names that closely resemble your main domain name and business name is a strategic move that can lead to increased credibility, improved SEO, better brand protection, and a stronger brand identity.